My interactive learning resource talked about how to succeed at university. When I was browsing online, I found this YouTube video that introduces 8 mistakes people make when planning a day that fits our content well.

1. In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?

By stating the mistakes people usually made instead of directly talking about the right way to do it, students tend to ask themselves in their mind ‘did I make this mistake when planning?’. They are likely to first reflect on the way they plan a day when they receive the video content and then make notes on some mistakes they have made in schedule planning.

2. What activity could you suggest that they do, after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?

I plan to design a small quiz about the video content on the Google form. Students will be asked to take this quiz after they finished watching the video. By doing this, they are able to strengthen the concepts in their mind and check if they understand the ideas right. 

3. How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?

The quiz will be designed to be 8 questions that align with the 8 mistakes discussed in the video. Each question matches one mistake. Once students submit the quiz, they are able to access the right answer which helps them to review the video. In addition, by using Google form, it’s easy for me to track students’ performance and their understanding of the topic.

4. How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile? Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?

This activity won’t cause much work and the work are both manageable and worthwhile. Google form will automatically grade and collect students’ answers for me. So, there won’t be much work to do, all I need to do is create the quiz and improve my teaching based on students’ performance after they submit it. As Google form will do the grading job, it’s possible for this activity to be scaled for a large number of students.